Wednesday, October 31, 2012

The Halloween Post: My top 10 Horror movies of all time.

I like to make lists so here goes.  My top 10 favorite scary horror movies of all time.  These are the movies that scared me the most.  I have a different list of horror that includes the cheese factor but I wanted to post the ones that actually scared me a little.  Most of these are from my childhood because I dont scare easy now.  Im sure i will miss some because this was done on the fly. 

10.  Paranormal Activity - The original was a classic.  The sequels just follow the same formula and at times are creepy but the thing that works so much for the original is that it had never been done.  We know how the scares are coming now but that first legitimately made me uneasy.

9.  Creepshow - This movie scared the shit out of me as a child.  I didnt even know who Ted Danson and Leslie Neilson were back then.  I just remember watching it on HBO and then not being able to sleep the next day.  The cockroaches still to this day creep me out.  The sequel was pretty lame. 


8.  Halloween- Michael Myers has been cemented as one of the great horror icons but frankly most of the halloween movies are dumb.  I actually think the second scariest one was halloween 3 which had nothing to do with Mike Myers.  The original though was great and even though it doesnt really scare me now, back then it did the trick.  I still can't believe that is a William Shatner mask.

7.  Glitter- Mariah Carey is frightening as a annoying up and coming singer with only one goal.....making it big and making everyone's head explode listening to her music. 


6.  Saw- This is another movie that had terrible sequels but the original was a fantastic horror movie.  Jigsaw himself in the first movie was such a change from the usual horror movie main characters. 

5.  Nightmare on Elm Street- Freddy Krueger in the first nightmare on Elm Street was the scariest thing I had ever seen on film.  I was a kid when the first one came out and wow...going to sleep after that was not fun.  Freddy has become kind of a joke now but originally he was pretty scary. 

4.  Exorcist- Linda Blair ...nuff said

3.  Texas Chainsaw Massacre- Leatherface is just ridiculous.  Him waving that chainsaw around like a lunatic really scarred me when i was younger. 

2.  The Shining- Jack Nicholson was just about as perfect of a psycho as you could get.  The setting was so creepy and the tone of the movie just amkes you uneasy.  I am not a Kubrick fan but he knocked this one out of the park. 

1.  Poltergeist- Easily my scariest movie from my childhood.  Nightmare on elm street had freddy but they didnt have Zelda Rubinstein.....That creept little lady scared the bejesus out of me and she wasn't even evil.  Little kids talking to tvs, maggots, and Craig T Nelson..What more could you want. 

These are some of my favorite scary online videos ..the last one gets me every time......

 http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=aU3xvOraJng


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fey4kU8Ldho&feature=player_detailpage


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hb4bsAuNmz8&feature=player_detailpage 

No comments:

Post a Comment